Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Just My Luck

At last, my day off it is. I would be able to relax,
and get my most needed rest.
A comfortable sleep,
enjoying the coldness the rain brings.
Lying comfortably in my soft bed,
I set forth to a voyage of a wonderful dream
looking forward to a refreshed state the next day.

Awakened by light striking my closed eyes,
I realized that it's already morning.
Looked at the clock hanging on the wall,
I was surprised to see that it's still early,
yet the sun is shining so bright.
Wow, what happened?
Expecting to be welcomed by rain rushing
the rooftop, now I am greeted with a mighty sun.

With the heat of the sun, I can't go back to sleep again.
And I thought, I could spend my wholeday in my bed,
enjoying a good movie, and a hot cup of coffee.
I end up, spending my day, sweating all over,
and trying to refresh myself with cold drinks.
Oh well...Just my luck!

No comments: